Saturday, April 4, 2020

Love Series: My first Love



         I attended a boys only public secondary school in Lagos State, and my experience in one word would be adventurous. Once i became i senior i tried out various clubs till i found social satisfaction with Music club which we had everyother Wednesdays. As a senior it was fun to flout school rules unless you get caught. On a regular, during our numerous free periods, we freely talked about music, movies, social life and mostly girls which mostly was x-rated, just so you can imagine the state of my mind then. I was 16, rounding up my penultimate year in high school when i met Chioma. Her elder sister was my class mate at a time in primary school while she was a class my junior but none of that mattered then. Luckily for me, she was class mates and friend's with Julie my neighbor back then in Ikoyi. It was a miraculous reunion as i can still say she was one of the prettiest girls i had seen in my life, simply "breathtaking". After soaking in lots of motivation from my source, unending infatuation, rehearsed lines and realizing the bragging rights at stake i made my move and she agreed. I was ecstatic and felt like a man, though she had opted giving me a later response, but i insisted knowing my shot was on point and that tall fine boys like me are rare. I really thought i was in love, though we couldn't really express ourselves as i was broke, had no apartment and was from a humble home. I remember gifting her a phone, perfume another time and a couple of mini outings which was a big deal for me then. I broke up with her about a year later, when i learned she was involved with someone else and didn't feel respected.
Though i think we still had feelings but my ego couldn't tolerate her any longer and that was it. A few years later i had done A-levels, expecting to get admission to the University and also had a partime job, meaning i was a bit upgraded. We somehow reconnected and hooked up, this time things went down a couple of times because the beast had been unleashed and had become a wild. It proved to be just as good as it could ever get as we  grew apart, while the feelings died naturally, having satisfied it's cravings. She is now married with kids and doing well. Happily married i would think judging by the huge smile on her face as she cheerful embraced me last time we saw about 3yrs ago. Thank God i am now in a better place with the girl i love and enjoying an upgraded version of myself. These days we only like eachothers post on Facebook and occasionally post short comments on each others wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment